lout-users

Re: I'm sure a FAQ: Using TeX fonts in Lout

From: Clint Olsen
Subject: Re: I'm sure a FAQ: Using TeX fonts in Lout
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 14:57:38 -0800

Uwe:

Thanks for your help!

I have a couple notes and questions to add:

1) The AFM files need to be converted to UNIX format or else Lout gets
   confused.  This is in addition to removing duplicate kerning pairs and
   decrementing the kerning counter.  In fact, I would just rather have
   Lout ignore this line and move on with life rather than complaining and
   dying.  I'll submit a patch.

2) You must put the family name apparently in quotes when it contains
   numbers or else the tokenizer doesn't think it's a WORD.

Example of a fontdef:

{ @FontDef
    @Tag { cmr10-Base }
    @Family { "cmr10" }
    @Face { Base }
    @Name { CMR10 }
    @Metrics { cmr10 }
    @Mapping { Std.LCM }
    @Recode { No }
}

I'm having a problem with @Mapping.  Has anyone ever written an .LCM file
for these fonts?  Latin1 causes a fatal:

  1058,16: fatal error: unknown character Agrave        UA a in mapping
           file /afs/pdx/proj/otools/lout/maps/Latin1.LCM

-Clint