lout-users

Re: I'm sure a FAQ: Using TeX fonts in Lout

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: I'm sure a FAQ: Using TeX fonts in Lout
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 04:21:24 +0300

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 14:57:38 -0800, Clint Olsen wrote:

>    In fact, I would just rather have Lout ignore this line and move
>    on with life rather than complaining and dying.

Ignore *which* line?  First or second?  Duplicate entries are a sign
of a bug in an AFM file and Lout insists that the bug should be fixed.
Rightly so in my opinion.  DWIM is not invented yet.

> 2) You must put the family name apparently in quotes when it contains
>    numbers or else the tokenizer doesn't think it's a WORD.

Yes, digits are not word constituents.

> I'm having a problem with @Mapping.  Has anyone ever written an .LCM file
> for these fonts?  Latin1 causes a fatal:
>
>   1058,16: fatal error: unknown character Agrave        UA a in mapping
>            file /afs/pdx/proj/otools/lout/maps/Latin1.LCM

Oops, a missing semicolon after UC Agrave in the line for agrave.
This really tells how rarely Latin1.LCM is used in practice.

Try LtLatin1.LCM that contains more typographic glyphs encoded.

SY, Uwe