lout-users

Re: Using TeX fonts in Lout

From: Clint Olsen
Subject: Re: Using TeX fonts in Lout
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 20:05:08 -0800

Uwe:

Thanks a lot for your help with this.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot of explanation given with these "free" TeX
font packages, but it would seem that these BigSky fonts are not fully
scalable like the 35 default typefaces available in most Postscript
interpreters.  This sort of reduces the utility of using these fontsets.

I guess Y&Y does make a fontset which is more or less a superset of the TeX
fonts with some of the idiosyncrasies of computer modern eliminated
(Euromodern).  Of course, there's a substantial price-tag with these fonts
and I haven't checked whether or not there are distribution limitations
when using proprietary fonts.  Baaah, what a mess.

So, is there a section of the FAQ on sources of *good* fonts *besides* the
same old boring Abode set that are not strictly encumbered?

Thanks,

-Clint