lout-users

Re: The PDF back end

From: Greg A. Woods
Subject: Re: The PDF back end
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 15:50:01 -0400 (EDT)

[ On Sunday, May 20, 2001 at 13:38:11 (+0200), address@hidden wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: The PDF back end
>
> That is what I was trying to say. Jeff: If you think that "Well,
> since the PDF back-end can't be fixed any time soon, we might
> just as well drop it", I prefer a partial PDF back-end to none at
> all.

Why would you prefer a partial (and increasingly broken if its
maintenance on the back burner) solution to one that's guaranteed to
work?  (i.e. ps2pdf)

Continuing to use the full power of PostScript where it's most
appropriate seems like a very workable solution to me.

--
                                                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <address@hidden>     <address@hidden>
Planix, Inc. <address@hidden>;   Secrets of the Weird <address@hidden>