lout-users

Re: Links in postscript

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Links in postscript
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 07:07:21 +0400

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 16:07:20 +1000, Jeff Kingston wrote:

> Also if anyone can tell me what the first two numbers in [0 0 0]
> are for I would be grateful.  The pdfmark reference manual I have
> calls them "horizontal corner radius" and "vertical corner radius",
> which leaves me none the wiser except that I suspect I don't care
> about it much, whatever it is.

Spec says that Acrobat 2.0 ignores bx and by.  And a quick experiment
shows that Unix AcroRead 4 doesn't take them into account.  So it
seems that "don't care" is the right answer ;-).

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 08:24:21 -0700, Albert Kinderman wrote:

> According to the pdfmark primer (a chapter taken from WEB Publishing
> with Acrobat/PDF by Thomas Merz), the border parameters [x x x] define
> the rectangle's appearance - "line width and line dash."   [0 0 0] is no
> border.  If Merz is correct and if the last number is the width of the
> border line, then the first two numbers would define how the border is
> dashed - how long and how far apart.

Merz's is a book about the spec, not the spec.  The Border key is
[bx by bw] or [bx by bw [d ...]], where [d] is an optional dash
pattern (the border is solid by default).

SY, Uwe