lout-users

Re: [New user] local horizontal and vertical corrections

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [New user] local horizontal and vertical corrections
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:32:09 +0100

Hello,

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 08:18:58PM +0100, Thomas Baruchel wrote:
>     d) When I type normal text (not equations), I want to have
>        fixed-width spaces before ?;:! (which is the rule in french).
>        Is there something shorter than:
>            hello world{4p @Wide {}}!

I don't know how to solve your fonts-related problems.  However, I can help
you regarding punctuation rules in French.  I have written a small set of
definitions that place punctuation marks correctly (it also makes sure that
a punctuation mark can't appear at the beginning of a line).
Additionnally, it includes rules for placing French "guillemets".

All you need to do is add the following line in your source file:
  @Include { punctuation.lout }
Make sure that your @InitialLanguage is set to French too.

Hope this helps,
Ludovic.