lout-users

Re: [New user] local horizontal and vertical corrections

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: [New user] local horizontal and vertical corrections
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:47:21 +1100

This is in response to some oldish email of Sun, 19 Jan 2003.
I've been away and only just got around to reading my email.
The email message is included below.  My responses are

a) I recently added an option to the @Font symbol to give
   alignment through the baseline, but this is deliberately
   turned off in equations since they are the leading example
   of an application where it's good to get alignment through
   half the x-height.

b) I guess you could write u sub { i sup {1f @High} } to
   make the subscript symbol think it is being given a
   superscript of the same height as i sup 2.  You'd have
   to play with the 1f though.

c) Try tsub instead of sub, and if that isn't right, find
   the definition of tsub in LOUTLIB/include/eqf and write
   yourself a ttsub along the same lines.

d) I gather another user answered this.

Jeff Kingston