lout-users

Fwd: Status of Wiki on Lout's SF account

From: Remo Dentato
Subject: Fwd: Status of Wiki on Lout's SF account
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 08:40:27 +0100

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 6:49 AM, KHMan <address@hidden> wrote:
 >  We can't really use PmWiki on SF anymore, see:
 >  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SourceForgeServers
 >  SourceForge would prefer MySQL backends.

 I had  a look to both wikis and Content management systems.

 The problem is: the ones that are simple rely on being able to write
 files, the ones that use MySQL as backend are more complex to use or
 maintain.

 You may have also noticed that SF switched to an external wiki hosting
 site for part of their documentation (http://www.wikispaces.com/).

 The options I see are:
 - static site (pro: easy to setup. con: hard to update pages)
 - wki or CM + mySQL (pro: on-line page updates, con: hard to setup
and maintain)
 - external wiki hosting (pro: easy to set up, on-line page updates,
 con: requires registration/sync on multiple hosts)
 - SVN + cron (pro: ... , con: doesn't allow on-line updates, mechanism
 to be figured out)

 I would add another one for sake of discussion:
 - migrate to Googlecode, make SF site pointing to the Googlecode site.
 (pro: easy to setup, easy to update pages, con: look and feel not very
 good, might be confusing)

 About the SVN+cron I'm not clear how this would be easier that FTP
 (except for keeping tracks of changes).

 Other suggestions?