lout-users

Re: Status of Wiki on Lout's SF account

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: Status of Wiki on Lout's SF account
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:50:13 +0800

Hi all,

Remo Dentato wrote:
> Jeff, I hope you could take the "super-admin" role. Just for the
> purpose of re-assigning admins in case they are no longer available.
>
> Then, KHMan wrote:
>
>> Putting in a burst of work is fine with me, as
>> long as future maintenance of the pages is either minimal or there
>> is at least two persons capable of fiddling with the pages.
>
> Count on me for this initial release.

The simplest solution would be to use the new SF wiki
infrastructure that you mentioned.

The wiki URL would be: http://lout.wiki.sourceforge.net/

I've taken a look at the admin interface and tried out a page. The
site is protected; only devs on Lout's SF account can edit. Seems
pretty good to me. Lowest barriers and easy long-term maintenance.

BAD:
* has all the SF headers and footers, cluttered
* performance seems to be sluggish like much of SF
  (at least, from what I am getting in MY)

GOOD
* no need to maintain separate wiki software
* protected from general visitors
* backup archive for admins

It looks good to me. At least all of us on the SF account can help
get it up to shape. What does the list think?

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)