lout-users

Re: Status of Wiki on Lout's SF account

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: Status of Wiki on Lout's SF account
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:19:42 +0800

Remo Dentato wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 7:50 AM, KHMan <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>
>>  The simplest solution would be to use the new SF wiki
>>  infrastructure that you mentioned.
>>
>>  BAD:
>>  * has all the SF headers and footers, cluttered
>>  * performance seems to be sluggish like much of SF
>>   (at least, from what I am getting in MY)
>>

> Idea: let's use the wiki for setting up the pages, then write a script
> to transform them to static pages on lout.sf.net.

I'd rather just redirect lout.sf.net to the wiki site.

> [snip]
> This way the main site (lout.sourceforge.net) would be fast (being
> static) and with a proper look and feel. Editing would be easy (via
> wiki) and focused on content. The realignment script would be launched
> via ssh or via cron.

I don't think we should do this. Granted, the wiki is a bit on the
slow side now, but given that SF is providing a lot of free
services and has generally been good guys, I'd say I'm okay with
using the wiki as it is.

> The major drawback is that it could stop working due to changes made
> by the SF team, but this is true for every aspect of SF.

I don't feel I should subvert SF services if I don't pay for it.
SF needs to find revenue too...

I'll be doing some intermittent work on the new wiki in the next
week or two, if nobody on the list is strongly negative on it. For
reference:

New URL: http://lout.wiki.sourceforge.net/
Old URL: http://lout.sourceforge.net/index_ORIG.php

--