lout-users

Re: Status of Wiki on Lout's SF account

From: Remo Dentato
Subject: Re: Status of Wiki on Lout's SF account
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:51:11 +0100

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 7:50 AM, KHMan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,

>  The simplest solution would be to use the new SF wiki
>  infrastructure that you mentioned.
>
>  BAD:
>  * has all the SF headers and footers, cluttered
>  * performance seems to be sluggish like much of SF
>   (at least, from what I am getting in MY)

Idea: let's use the wiki for setting up the pages, then write a script
to transform them to static pages on lout.sf.net.

The "backup to HTML" function should do the first step. curl should be
able to retrieve the backup and a script could extract the pages and
move them in the htdocs directory.

I've checked and curl can see http://lout.wiki.sourceforge.net/ but
i'm not an expert with curl and didn't manage to download the backup
(that is made simply by accessing
http://lout.wiki.sourceforge.net/space/backup/tgz/html but I suspect
cookies and authorizations play a role in successfully retrieve the
tar file).

This way the main site (lout.sourceforge.net) would be fast (being
static) and with a proper look and feel. Editing would be easy (via
wiki) and focused on content. The realignment script would be launched
via ssh or via cron.

The major drawback is that it could stop working due to changes made
by the SF team, but this is true for every aspect of SF.

What do you think?

R:D