RE: [Ltib] MPC8313 question - again

From: Mark Bishop
Subject: RE: [Ltib] MPC8313 question - again
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:36:32 -0400

I need to modify the .dts file to reflect this:
(from the errata sheet)
0 = TSEC2 ERR
1 = TSEC2 RX
2 = TSEC2 TX
3 = TSEC1 ERR
4 = TSEC1 RX
5 = TSEC1 TX
Software should also be updated to reflect the proper eTSEC interrupt ID numbers as follows:
32 = TSEC2 TX
33 = TSEC2 RX
34 = TSEC2 ERR
35 = TSEC1 TX
36 = TSEC1 RX
37 = TSEC1 ERR

I think I understand the dts file for the bottom interrupt ID numbers, but I am not so sure about the top eTEC interrupts. FYI, the numbers were reversed between TSEC2 and TSEC1 between version 1.0 of the CPU and version 2.0. Rev A of the RDB has 1.0. I am going to flip them around on a 2.6.28 kernel and see what happens.

Where can I find out more info on the format of the .dts file?

Quoting Stuart Hughes <address@hidden>:

Hi Vijay,

It is possible to take a Freescale ISO images and graft the platform
specific parts, but this means copying not only config/platform/_target_
but probably also some kernel/u-boot spec files and some content in the
pkgs directory (if not on the GPP).  The positive side of doing this is
that the Savannah CVS LTIB gets updated more often than ISOs in general
and so will track updates.  The down side is that it's a manual process,
the download is slow and you still only end up with kernels etc from
whatever time the BSP ISO was released.

IMHO it would be better to try to persuade Freescale to release out
these platforms to Savannah at the same time as they put the ISOs up on
their website or shortly after.  I would be more than willing to do the
merge.

Regards, Stuart