lwip-users

[lwip-users] Compile warnings

From: Bob Ammerman
Subject: [lwip-users] Compile warnings
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:58:38 -0500

When compiling lwIP with the Microsoft Visual C++ I am getting a lot of
warnings. I'd like to clean up the code to correct them. I also plan on
helping to enhance and improve the lwIP package. (I have previously built a
compliant implementation of IP, ICMP, ARP and UDP from scratch). What do I
need to do to be able to generate fixes?

Bob Ammerman
RAm Systems

==== Example:

return ~(acc & 0xffff);

Results in:

'return' : conversion from 'unsigned long ' to 'unsigned short ', possible
loss of data

To correct it:

 return (u16_t) ~acc;

There are also signed/unsigned mismatches, and argument size mismatch errors
that should be cleaned up.