lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Compile warnings

From: Bob Ammerman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Compile warnings
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:20:16 -0500

> The Savannah page allows you to bring in bugs and patches. You might
prefer
> the
> mailing list for discussions instead on small issues (like warnings,
> signed/unsigned
> issues).

I am presuming you are implying that I would create patches for review by
the committers, who would then merge them into CVS. If so, how is this done.
Do I just submit an updated source file somewhere, or do I need to create
some sort of 'diff' file?

> The CVS committers are chosen from active developers with good input. In
> order
> to keep the stack in a reasonably stable state, the number of committers
is
> limited.

This only makes sense. I suppose it is safe to say that I hope one day to be
included in that list.

> BTW, if your implementation is open-source, we might benefit from it by
> merging
> some ideas or architectural concepts, or features lwIP is missing. We are
> not quite
> sure if we are fully compliant (and with what?).

Unfortunately my stack is not open source. It was a work done for hire and
there is NO way my customer is going to let it out. Actually, given that TCP
is probably half the total effort in building a stack, and that I haven't
built TCP for my implementation, I am working on convincing the customer for
which I built my own stack to use lwIP instead. I'll be able to keep my
low-level NIC drivers and I'll create an interface layer to mimic the API of
my old stack.

Bob Ammerman
RAm Systems