lwip-users

[lwip-users] problems compiling lwIP

From: franz keuner
Subject: [lwip-users] problems compiling lwIP
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:59:50 +0100 (MET)

Heureka,
thanks for your help and the file which I merged with my old one.
Now I`m able to build lwIP (head).

As far as I found out the problem was that I told the Tasking EDE (option
"include files path") to include the path  .\lwip\src\include\ipv4, which is
obviously not necessary but leads to the mentioned error message ('_htons':
multiply defined).

A few warnings are reported (listed below). Can I ignore them?
Now that I build the lwIP I want to use the ping command to see if my board
(with lwIP) can respond.

The function for this is icmp_input(). In the mailing list I found a message
which says lwIP will respond to ping automatically.  All you need to do is
make sure to call the tcp_tmr( ) function(qv:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2003-01/msg00763.html).

Therefore it is enough in order to get a ping respond to implement a loop in
the main file which looks like:
while(1) {
      for (i = 0; i < 10000; i++)  {            // delay
        _nop_(); _nop_();
        _nop_(); _nop_();
        if((i % 250) == 0) {
           cs8900if_service(ethif);     // CS8900 driver (polling mode)
           tcp_tmr();
        }
      }
  i = 0;
}
Or am I wrong?

Moreover I have the following questions:
Is the MAC Adress of the ethernet controller read out of the board`s EEPROM
(cs8900if.c)?

Are there any important files besides lwipopts and cs8900if which I
overlooked and one has to edit in oder to configure the hardware?

Is there a possibility to use the Tasking Debugger together with the MCU
board on which the lwIP stack is running?

Thanks in advance and regards,
Franz

tcp_in.c:
   339:     TCP_EVENT_RECV(pcb, NULL, ERR_OK, err);
W 135: statement not reached
total errors: 0, warnings: 1
Compiling .\etharp.c
.\etharp.c:
   786: }
W  66: function "etharp_query": variable "p" not used
total errors: 0, warnings: 1
Compiling .\main.c
.\main.c:
    84:   etharp_init();
W  91: no prototype for function "etharp_init"
    86:   udp_init();
W  91: no prototype for function "udp_init"
total errors: 0, warnings: 2

--
GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail