lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] problems compiling lwIP

From: christiaan . simons
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] problems compiling lwIP
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:00:02 +0100

address@hidden wrote on 14-12-2004
16:59:50:

> As far as I found out the problem was that I told the Tasking EDE (option
> "include files path") to include the path  .\lwip\src\include\ipv4, which
is
> obviously not necessary but leads to the mentioned error message
('_htons':
> multiply defined).

Hmm. We do include lwip\src\include\ipv4 but don't get your warnings.
Maybe we've got some warning suppression on. I'll check this later.

> A few warnings are reported (listed below). Can I ignore them?

These are caused by missing headers (udp.h / etherarp.h).
It will link just fine.

I've also noticed the etharp_query warning. I'll check this one out later
I guess it has something todo with recent changes.

> Or am I wrong?

The timing will be crap if you use a for() loop.
Also your CPU will be too busy executing nops.
And the TCP timer has nothing todo with ICMP.

You should use a timer ISR to signal the mainloop
an event has happend. E.g. use testset(timeflag) in interrupt,
if(testclear(timeflag)){ call your timed function} in mainloop.

The call to cs8900if_service(ethif) once per 1..10 msec
should be fine, but you also should call etharp_tmr()
about every 10 seconds. For tcp there are both slow and
fast timers. Look in the code to find out the service periods.
When you use DHCP ( I can recommend it ) you should also
call its timer service functions periodically.

TCP timers are only required for setting up tcp connections.

> Moreover I have the following questions:
> Is the MAC Adress of the ethernet controller read out of the board`s
EEPROM
> (cs8900if.c)?

The cs8900if assumes you set the MAC address
from the appication.  Check the cs8900 datasheet
is you can read / use the EEPROM on the cs8900 directly.

> Are there any important files besides lwipopts and cs8900if which I
> overlooked and one has to edit in oder to configure the hardware?

Don't think so. Concentrate on your main event loop.

> Is there a possibility to use the Tasking Debugger together with the MCU
> board on which the lwIP stack is running?

Should be possible. But I don't have any experence with this.

> Thanks in advance and regards,
> Franz
>

> tcp_in.c:
>    339:     TCP_EVENT_RECV(pcb, NULL, ERR_OK, err);
> W 135: statement not reached
> total errors: 0, warnings: 1
> Compiling .\etharp.c
> .\etharp.c:
>    786: }
> W  66: function "etharp_query": variable "p" not used
> total errors: 0, warnings: 1

> Compiling .\main.c
> .\main.c:
>     84:   etharp_init();
> W  91: no prototype for function "etharp_init"
>     86:   udp_init();
> W  91: no prototype for function "udp_init"
> total errors: 0, warnings: 2

Christiaan Simons

Software Engineer
Axon Digital Design

+31 (0)13 511 66 66
+31 (0)13 511 41 51

address@hidden
http://www.axon.tv

The information contained in this communication is confidential and is
addressed. Axon Digital Design Group is neither liable for the proper nor
for the complete transmission of the information contained in this
communication nor for any delay in its receipt. Axon Digital Design Group
does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been
maintained nor that the communication is free of viruses, interceptions or
interference. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication,
you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or
copying this message is strictly prohibited. In that case please return the
communication to the sender and delete and destroy all copies. In carrying
out its engagements, Axon Digital Design Group applies general terms and
conditions, which contain a clause that limits its liability. A copy of
these terms and conditions is available on request free of charge.