lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] problems compiling lwIP

From: christiaan . simons
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] problems compiling lwIP
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:23:28 +0100

address@hidden wrote on 16-12-2004
15:20:11:

> The programm stops at line
> p->next = (struct pbuf *)((u8_t *)p + PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE + sizeof(struct
> pbuf));
> during the first loop circle.

Are you sure it is the first iteration?

Can you read the contents of p->next and see
if it exceeds your storage (IRAM/XRAM/external RAM) area?

This should work just fine. Maybe
you have to lower some lwip opts settings
since ours uses some external RAM.

(lwip requires "tenths of kilobytes of free RAM"
what ever that may be. Heavily depends on your application
requirements I guess)

I'm unfamiliar with your target board.
Maybe it has too little RAM to play with.

> The making and compiling process shows no warning regarding this problem.

I've found sometimes the Tasking linker
does not indicate errors properly.
Manually check your *.map file to be sure.

> And another question:
> Can I set the MAC adress in the cs8900if.c file during cs8900if_init with
> the commands?:
> netif->hwaddr[0] = 0x00; etc.

Place this in a funtion:

for(idx=0; idx<6; idx++)
{
  netif->hwaddr[idx] = hw_addr[idx];
}
cs8900if_reset(netif);
/* wait for 30 msec, before we may access the cs8900 registers */
ret_err = cs8900if_init(netif);

And pass this function as pointer to  netif_add()...

Bye,

Christiaan Simons

Software Engineer
Axon Digital Design