lwip-users

[lwip-users] problems compiling lwIP

From: franz keuner
Subject: [lwip-users] problems compiling lwIP
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:20:11 +0100 (MET)

hi,
it seems that I was to optimistic after I was able to compile and link lwIP.

I flashed the created file on my board but the initialisation of lwIP wasn`t
successful.

In my main file I try:
  mem_init();
  printf("mem initialized.\n");
  memp_init();
  printf("memp initialized.\n");
  pbuf_init();
  printf("pbuf initialized.\n");
  netif_init();ip_init(); etharp_init();udp_init(); tcp_init();
printf("lwIP initialized.\n");

But the output stopped after the memp_init command. I tried to find out
which part of the code was executed and found out that the following loop
wasn`t.

 pbuf.c (line 112 et seqq)
/* Set up ->next pointers to link the pbufs of the pool together */
 p = pbuf_pool;

 for(i = 0; i < PBUF_POOL_SIZE; ++i) {
 p->next = (struct pbuf *)((u8_t *)p + PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE + sizeof(struct
pbuf));
 p->len = p->tot_len = PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE;
 p->payload = MEM_ALIGN((void *)((u8_t *)p + sizeof(struct pbuf)));
 p->flags = PBUF_FLAG_POOL;
 q = p;
 p = p->next;
 }

The programm stops at line
p->next = (struct pbuf *)((u8_t *)p + PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE + sizeof(struct
pbuf));
during the first loop circle.
The making and compiling process shows no warning regarding this problem.

And another question:
Can I set the MAC adress in the cs8900if.c file during cs8900if_init with
the commands?:
netif->hwaddr[0] = 0x00; etc.

Regards and thanks,
Franz
P.s.The error during compling didn`t result from the include path. I tried
an older version of my project and it still didn`t work. So probably my
lwipopts.h file was the reason.

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!