lwip-users

[lwip-users] eCos - PPP - TCP - LwIP

From: Ashish Anand
Subject: [lwip-users] eCos - PPP - TCP - LwIP
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 02:10:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi there,

It's been over 5 months and I've picked up a
previously 'dropped' project once again, hoping that
some updates would be available by now.
I'm trying to implement a TCP/IP stack over PPP using
LwIP on eCos for the ARM Evaluator 7T board. If I am
able to make the board connect to a PPP server, and
then establish a simple echo TCP server on the board,
I will be able to proceed further with what I intend
to do.

Now I finally see LwIP support for eCos, but the
documentation does not talk about PPP, it is limited
to the API and BSD sockets.

However, after extensive searching I am able to call
lwip_init() to get my PPP session established. I am
using pppd on a Linux box as the PPP server.

Now I'm looking for some stability out here - even
though the Linux box shows the connection has been
established, I'm having issues with TCP.

Socket, Bind and Listen work fine.

When I call Accept, I get no return value. nmap to the
board shows the port to be closed, and infact the host
to be down. After debugging I found that the call to
Accept isn't being made properly.

I need some documentation for a stable PPP and TCP
implementation - I suspect that probably the IP
addresses might not have been established correctly.
Whatever be the case, there is no documentation for a
stable implementation such as this. If I'm mistaken,
please help me out here.

I would be glad to contribute to subsequent
documentation if needed.

Regards,
Ashish Anand
Research Intern - Dept. of Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India
http://dudafunk.myvnc.com

Regards,
Ashish Anand
Webpage || Resume || Work Email