lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] eCos - PPP - TCP - LwIP

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] eCos - PPP - TCP - LwIP
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:36:22 +0000

Kieran Mansley wrote:
On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 02:10 -0800, Ashish Anand wrote:
Hi there,
It's been over 5 months and I've picked up a
previously 'dropped' project once again, hoping that
some updates would be available by now.
I'm trying to implement a TCP/IP stack over PPP using
LwIP on eCos for the ARM Evaluator 7T board.

Is there anyone (Jifl?) with experience of bringing lwIP up on this
platform who could offer some advice?  I've no knowledge of it myself.

Not PPP, sorry.

Ashish: I suggest starting with just ICMP pings to start off with. If pings work ok, then the problem is probably not in the PPP layer or below, as the IP transport is working correctly.

If the problem is in the PPP layer, you can try enabling PPP debugging. You need to enable CYGDBG_LWIP_DEBUG in your configuration, but also look at the debugging options at the end of include/lwipopts.h in the lwIP package. You may want to turn off debugging for those components you do not wish to debug.

Jifl
Visit us at Embedded World 2007, Nürnberg, Germany, 13-15 Feb, Stand 11-336
Company legal info, address and number:   http://www.ecoscentric.com/legal