lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.2.0 + freeRTOS

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.2.0 + freeRTOS
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:53:26 +0100

Sirjee Rooplall wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> I am new to LWIP, so I copied that code from an example I have seen.

Well, then be so kind and tell the author of that example that it is really a
very bad one!

> I removed the sleep and I have removed the access to the internal pcb, and
> only rely on the API now.
>
> The problem I am explaining, seems to also exist in LWIP 1.3.0, as I have
> seen in some of the recent lwip archives.

Could you tell us where? Also, the current release is 1.3.2!

> Another thing:
> Because I am connecting through a PPP->GPRS interface the possibility
> exists
> where someone removes the antenna and the connection longer exists,
> however
> the user can trigger a server connection externally through a push button,
> which will attempt to perform a neconn_connect which blocks and returns
> with
> ERR_ABRT(-3), how do I handle this senario without crashing the stack. At
> the moment, I keep trying every 30 seconds, and eventually I cause the
> stack
> to crash with too many netconn_connect without a physical connection
> available.

Normally, that shouldn't be a problem. What exactly happens when you say the
stack 'crashes'?

Oh, and please don't send so much code unless you have a very specific question
about it or someone asks you to. People tend to overread mails containing too
much code as it's rather difficult to understand...

Simon