lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.2.0 + freeRTOS

From: Sirjee Rooplall
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.2.0 + freeRTOS
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 08:17:14 +0200

Yes I do have stack overflow check in place, and the stack is hardly used, I have allocated 1024*4 byte stacks for my tasks, which I can easily reduce as my stack is barely used from what I see in the stack stats been dumped to debug screen

It fails in this function which is called by QueueReceive which is called by sys_arch_mbox_fetch.

static void prvCopyDataFromQueue( xQUEUE * const pxQueue, const void *pvBuffer )
{
if( pxQueue->uxQueueType != queueQUEUE_IS_MUTEX )
{
 pxQueue->pcReadFrom += pxQueue->uxItemSize;
 if( pxQueue->pcReadFrom >= pxQueue->pcTail )
 {
  pxQueue->pcReadFrom = pxQueue->pcHead;  // **** ALWAYS FAILS HERE ****
 }
memcpy( ( void * ) pvBuffer, ( void * ) pxQueue->pcReadFrom, ( unsigned ) pxQueue->uxItemSize );
}
}

Kind Regards, Sirjee Rooplall Figment Design laboratories (Pty) Ltd mailto: address@hidden Mobile: +27 (0)83 230 8466 ----- Original Message ----- From: "FreeRTOS Info" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 4:48 PM

Sirjee Rooplall wrote:

If I look in my debugger, sorry I am using freeRTOS + ATMEL's UC3
device, it crashes at FreeRTOS QueueReceive function which when I dig
deeper is pending on sys_arch_mbox_fetch.

Can you say where in that function?

Do you have stack checking switched on?  (configCHECK_FOR_STACK_OVERFLOW
set to 2 in FreeRTOSConfig.h).

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.

Is there any application not that would teach me more about proper usage
of the LWIP API's, and hopefully it will deal with fail states as well.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards, Sirjee Rooplall Figment Design laboratories (Pty) Ltd