lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.2.0 + freeRTOS

From: Sirjee Rooplall
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.2.0 + freeRTOS
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:25:18 +0200

Hi Simon,

I found discussions relating to my problem + it existing in LWIP 1.3.0 in this link.

Well, what I do is I startup, establish a connection to server, get proper replies etc, then I simulate this problem by removing the antenna, I then trigger a connection using external push button, and what I see in my debug out put, is it attempts a netconn_connect which blocks for about 30seconds or so, then my code retires another netconn_connect, I do this for three retries, and each time netconn_connect returns -3(ERR_ABRT), after this I re-connect the antenna, and my software then re-connects to the server, firstly to bring PPP up, once that is up, I then try and do a netconn_connect and the code crashes.

If I look in my debugger, sorry I am using freeRTOS + ATMEL's UC3 device, it crashes at FreeRTOS QueueReceive function which when I dig deeper is pending on sys_arch_mbox_fetch.

Is there any application not that would teach me more about proper usage of the LWIP API's, and hopefully it will deal with fail states as well.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards, Sirjee Rooplall Figment Design laboratories (Pty) Ltd mailto: address@hidden Mobile: +27 (0)83 230 8466 ----- Original Message ----- From: "Simon Goldschmidt" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 3:53 PM

Sirjee Rooplall wrote:
Hi Simon,

I am new to LWIP, so I copied that code from an example I have seen.

Well, then be so kind and tell the author of that example that it is really a very bad one!

I removed the sleep and I have removed the access to the internal pcb, and
only rely on the API now.

The problem I am explaining, seems to also exist in LWIP 1.3.0, as I have
seen in some of the recent lwip archives.

Could you tell us where? Also, the current release is 1.3.2!

Another thing:
Because I am connecting through a PPP->GPRS interface the possibility
exists
where someone removes the antenna and the connection longer exists,
however
the user can trigger a server connection externally through a push button,
which will attempt to perform a neconn_connect which blocks and returns
with
ERR_ABRT(-3), how do I handle this senario without crashing the stack. At
the moment, I keep trying every 30 seconds, and eventually I cause the
stack
to crash with too many netconn_connect without a physical connection
available.

Normally, that shouldn't be a problem. What exactly happens when you say the stack 'crashes'?

Oh, and please don't send so much code unless you have a very specific question about it or someone asks you to. People tend to overread mails containing too much code as it's rather difficult to understand...

Simon