lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Help on porting LWIP

From: Piotr Piwko
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Help on porting LWIP
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 23:41:38 +0100

2010/11/10 André <address@hidden>:
> My estimates is to send my array 100 times per second...
> I'd like to know what is the most indicated protocol to make it...

You have a choice between TCP and UDP protocols. TCP provides
reliable, ordered delivery of a bytes stream whereas UDP provides a
reduced latency over reliability. You have to chose one of these, but
you can always perform some tests with the both of them.

At the beginning, as you exactly know, you have to create and edit the
lwipopts.h file according your requirements. As a base I encourage you
to use one of these which are included in 'contrib' packages (I think
'contrib/ports/unix/proj/minimal/' will be the best). Look also at
http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/LwIP_Wiki.

The best solution for you is to make a lot of tries of building and
configuring your lwIP module. I know that it may seems complicated at
the beginning, but believe me if you get familiarize with its
philosophy it will be very logical.

Good luck!

--
Piotr Piwko