m17n-list

[m17n-list] About lsymbol.mim

From: Vishvas Vasuki
Subject: [m17n-list] About lsymbol.mim
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 11:54:46 -0800

In a thread in Oct 2013, kenichi came up with a great idea of having symbols in a single mim file which can be accessed in other input methods: "For instance, I'd like to provide a
mechanism to input "क→क→क" by typing "ka/->ka/->ka".  Here
"/" is a key to push, for instance, "symbol.mim" input
method, and that input method pops up itself after
committing a character."

​I would really love to have this mechanism for the *optitransv2.mim input methods since it is inelegant to keep adding special emoji shortcuts to both files separately ().​ I see that kenichi has added a file called lsymbol.mim (which should be expanded with a few frequently used symbols such as those for smilie, namaste, check mark, cross mark). How would one include this lsymbol.mim in - say - hi-optitransv2.mim map?

Vishvas /विश्वासः