m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] About lsymbol.mim

From: K. Handa
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] About lsymbol.mim
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 22:02:58 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)
<address@hidden> writes:

> ​I would really love to have this mechanism for the *optitransv2.mim input
> methods since it is inelegant to keep adding special emoji shortcuts to
> both files separately ().​ I see that kenichi has added a file called
> lsymbol.mim (which should be expanded with a few frequently used symbols
> such as those for smilie, namaste, check mark, cross mark). How would one
> include this lsymbol.mim in - say - hi-optitransv2.mim map?

It is loaded automatically for all input methods that, by themselves, do
not define a key starting with "/".  So, if we remove these lines:

 (misc
  ("//" "/")
  ("/..." "…")
  ("/." "॰")
  ) ;misc ends

from hi-optitransv2.mim, key mappings in lsymbol.mim are activated
automatically.  But, then, this Indic specific mapping gets unavailable.

Is it possible to change the key "/." to, for instance, "./"?

---
K. Handa
address@hidden