m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] About lsymbol.mim

From: K. Handa
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] About lsymbol.mim
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 00:03:07 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)
<address@hidden> writes:

> ​Can you please update kn-optitransv2.mim
> <https://github.com/sanskrit-coders/m17n-db/blob/master/MIM/kn-optitransv2.mim>
>  , hi-optitransv2.mim
> <https://github.com/sanskrit-coders/m17n-db/blob/master/MIM/hi-optitransv2.mim>
> (removed
> special /* symbol maps)

I've udpated hi-optitransv2, but not yet kn-optitransv2, because the
latter removed "/." but not added "./".  It it intentional to remove
the map for inputing "॰"?

> and lsymbol.mim
> <https://github.com/sanskrit-coders/m17n-db/blob/master/MIM/lsymbol.mim>
> (added
> some symbols I [want to] use quite a bit). ​🙏

Thank you for the suggestion of new mappings.  But...

  (">" "→")

I think two maps for the same symbol is a waste of keys.  Is it better
to reserve ">" for some other symbols?

  ; face gestures
  ; hand gestures

What is the criteria for selecting those symbols?

---
K. Handa
address@hidden