maposmatic-dev

[Maposmatic-dev] Issue when rendering city outside France

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Issue when rendering city outside France
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 00:06:48 +0200

Hello,

In order to start working on support for other countries in MapOSMatic,
I imported data for Albania [1] and tried to render Tirana, the capital
of the country.

I used OCitySMap directly, with the following command line:

 ./ocitysmap-render -p tirana -f png -t Tirana -b 41.34181,19.79808
41.31364,19.84156

(see
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=41.32772&lon=19.81982&zoom=15&layers=B000FTFT
for the area on OpenStreetMap)

The result was :

 * A correct street index (at least the street names match the one
   visible on openstreetmap.org)
   see http://toulibre.org/~thomas/maposmatic/tirana_index.png

 * An empty city map
   see http://toulibre.org/~thomas/maposmatic/tirana.png

So it looks like the imported data works, but there's something that
doesn't work with Mapnik rendering. Any clue ?

(I've retested my setup with a location in France, and it works)

Sincerly,

Thomas

[1] http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/europe/albania.osm.bz2
    (only 1.3 MB, so very fast to import, nice for tests)
--
Thomas Petazzoni                         http://thomas.enix.org
Promouvoir et défendre le Logiciel Libre http://www.april.org