maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Issue when rendering city outside France

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Issue when rendering city outside France
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:23:26 +0200

Le Wed, 30 Sep 2009 16:40:21 +0200,
David MENTRE <address@hidden> a écrit :

> > Do we want to support alternate table prefixes ?
>
> I don't know. Is this really needed, at least for maposmatic users?

It's a usual feature for software that interact with a database: allow
to specifiy a custom prefix, so that it can be configured not to
conflict with other tables. But it's true that we could also configure
it using separate databases.

> I'm not so sure to understand: you mean you need to patch Mapnik to
> support a different table prefix? In that case, I would rather prefer
> not providing this feature at all.

No, no, not mapnik itself, but the osm.xml file, which is the
stylesheet we give to Mapnik to tell him how to render the OSM data.

But in fact, the best solution is probably to have separate databases
for the different imports I make.

Sincerly,

Thomas
--