maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Issue when rendering city outside France

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Issue when rendering city outside France
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:05:11 +0200

Le Wed, 30 Sep 2009 00:06:48 +0200,
Thomas Petazzoni <address@hidden> a écrit :

>  * An empty city map
>    see http://toulibre.org/~thomas/maposmatic/tirana.png
>
> So it looks like the imported data works, but there's something that
> doesn't work with Mapnik rendering. Any clue ?

Ok, I've found my mistake. My OSM data is not imported in the
traditional planet_osm_* tables, but in tables with another prefix. To
make OcitySMap work, I made the necessary modifications, but I forgot
to make the modifications to the Mapnik stylesheet osm.xml.

Now the rendering works, see
http://toulibre.org/~thomas/maposmatic/tirana.png.

I have a patch that adds a 'tables_prefix' parameter to the
~/.ocitysmap.conf configuration file. It works fine for the internal
OcitySMap SQL requests, but doesn't work for the SQL requests described
in the Mapnik stylesheet.

Do we want to support alternate table prefixes ? If so, what would you
recommend to apply the prefix change in the stylesheet file ? Make a
copy of it and patch from OcitySMap ?

Sincerly,

Thomas
--