Re: FreeBSD - HELP!

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: FreeBSD - HELP!
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:41:26 +0200 (CEST)

On 7 Sep 2002, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

> Rory Toma <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > OK, I'm knocking these down, one by one. However, I can't seem to
> > find any reference to the variable "nlst" in process/sysdep.c. It
> > appears this variable shows up exactly once and is never
> > declared. Furthermore, I can't find any reference to it in either
> > Linux or FreeBSD include files.
> >
> > So, where is this defined?
>
> It's probably from some cut-and-past code Christian found, and where
> some pasting was left out. If the comment is correct it's in
> libgtop/sysdep/freebsd/mem.c wherever that is. I guess we'll have to
> wait for Christian to explain where it's comming from, unless you care
> for some digging on your own, probably best to wait for Christian,
> Christian!? :)

I took everything from libgtop-1.0.13.  Unfortunately I oversaw at
least nlst.  I give it to you like this, cuz you might be already
hacking in sysdep.c.  So you better put it in cvs.

--- SNIP ---
/* Taken from: libgtop-1.0.13/sysdeps/freebsd/mem.c */

/* nlist structure for kernel access */
static struct nlist nlst [] = {
        { "_bufspace" },
        { "_cnt" },
        { 0 }
};
--- SNAP ---

And all the errors/warnings look like that we also need to include,

--- SNIP ---
/* Taken from: libgtop-1.0.13/sysdeps/freebsd/glibtop_machine.h */
#include <sys/param.h>
#include <nlist.h>
#include <kvm.h>
#include <sys/dkstat.h>
#include <time.h>
#include <sys/user.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/sysctl.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <osreldate.h>
--- SNAP ---

if we haven't yet.

It is difficult to code blindly.  Why don't they use procfs like the
others.

I hope that helps you to get it run soon.

> BTW, it's great that you have a FreeBSD system with root access where
> you can hack monit. I'm excited about your Mac OS X system also :)

Uhhh.... on a fruit box. (-:

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113