Re: FreeBSD - HELP!

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: FreeBSD - HELP!
Date: 10 Sep 2002 04:21:29 +0200

Rory Toma <address@hidden> writes:

> This may be a little harder than I thought. It looks like
> libgtop-1.0.13 doesn't compile on my FreeBSD 4.6 box...

First, thanks for doing the work Rory since it's mandatory to fix
Christians code on FreeBSD before we can launch monit 3.0.

Even if you cannot compile libgtop, did you manage to get monit to
compile on FreeBSD after your cleanup? In that case maybe running gdb
will get you going? Since it looks like pinfo is involved in most of
the code is it possible to narrow the problem down too for instance a
library call?

Unfortunately I cannot help much with this since I do not have root
access to a FreeBSD system, but I think Mark Ferlatte (the guy that
helped us with the configure code) does run FreeBSD, maybe if you ask
him on the general list he could help out if you get stuck, I'm not
sure he's a C programmer but he did came across as competent.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland