Re: total memory of children processes

From: Martin
Subject: Re: total memory of children processes
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:28:30 +0200

----- Původní zpráva -----
Od: Christian Hopp <address@hidden>
Datum: Pátek, 12.září 2003 - 12:28 odp.
Předmět: Re: total memory of children processes

> On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Christian Hopp wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone have access to Solaris and can check if this
> problem occur
> > > there also?
> >
> > I do have... many!
> >

> I have tried the 4.0beta4 on the main server... looks pretty fine...
> before I have 28 services... now with the new checksum syntax it
> went up
> to 61.   It takes monit some seconds to do all the work.  The rc-
> file is
> nearly double in size ( w/o empty lines and comments).

This side effect of new syntax is significant. On the other side, present
solution (objects composition) provides logical syntax and good framework for
the future, which is very important.

It could be very usefull to provide central configuration support (for example
in the past discussed ldap support) and managment interface (either web-based
or other GUI). This way it could be possible to use templates for service
definition and configure the system quickly. We all are busy because of payed
jobs and take monit as hobby. Maybe now when we provide contract development
support some user/company will be able to grant => boost such development :)

> Something I donT like it that the services are not in the same
> order as in
> the config file.  They are actually quite twisted... and for 61
> services(for now!) I need some order in it. (-:

I agree - it could be good to keep config file order.

Martin