Re: total memory of children processes

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: total memory of children processes
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:37:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

> Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:

> > As I am one of the fortunate Solaris users I would also prefer
> > 2)... but when it comes to clean code I would do the hard way, meaning 1).
>
> Let's go for choice 2 and it's a good idea to put in a warning in the
> parser, if the statement is used on Linux. You fix? Then we still are
> up for a release Monday/Tuesday next week.

I gonna fix tomorrow.

> > Nope... it depends on your depends. (-: I have written a code
> > preserving the order for status, by adding a next_conf and a
> > statuslist_conf.  This requires just <services>*<pointersize> memory.
> > And it works.
>
> Yes, simply saving the servicelist in an optional variable++ *before*
> check_depend is executed will let you keep the registred order. But
> I'm not sure why this is important to do?

Nope... I dont copy... I simply save the order and the startpoint!

Yes... it is important... it is hard to read the status output if you have
80 services being not in the right order!

CHopp

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113