Re: darwin works with small tweak

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: darwin works with small tweak
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:59:04 +0200

Rick Robino wrote:

Maybe this is a platform note or a small fix to add before 4.0, but FYI
monit does compile and work fine on darwin --without-ssl. It builds and
works fine --with-ssl so long as the following are true
        - the configure 'Check for ssl' includes a test for libraries ending
        in .dylib (only checks for .so and .a now)

I have added the test to configure.ac - i hope it will work for Darwin (i cannot test it)

        - [ssl only] system paths /usr/include and /usr/lib are not fed to
        gcc.

I can't test it - if you can deliver patch, we can add it to the distribution.

The malloc quirk remains with cli status checks, whether or not ssl
support is built, but I think it's safe to ignore because status
is ephemeral and doesn't affect the daemon. A warning in the platforms
file would suffice, imho.
I'll look on it (if you will assist :) I saw backtrace, etc. which you send in the past - we must find the exact place where it failed. In the case that it will be possible to fix it in monit (i hope so), we can include the patch to the nearest release after 4.0.

SSL did actually work in my tests - which were on b4 and b5.  It
built but didn't seem to work before then.

Thanks for feedback - we appreciate it very much :)

Martin