Re: darwin works with small tweak

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: darwin works with small tweak
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:06:11 +0200

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

Rick Robino <address@hidden> writes:

As I mentioned in that past letter I can make the error go away by
adjusting just one expression in socket.c;

Ah, but using the address of and address must be wrong, and by doing
this, the host variable must point to wonderland (i.e. the host
variable cannot contain sensible data in create_socket()):

Socket_T socket_new(const char *host, int port, int type, int use_ssl) {
if((s= create_socket((char *)&host, port, proto, NET_TIMEOUT)) != -1)

It is strange that this solves the problem:

-       if((s= create_socket(host, port, proto, NET_TIMEOUT)) != -1)
+       if((s= create_socket((char *) &host, port, proto, NET_TIMEOUT)) != -1)

The problem is more likely on other place (either in monit or Mac).

Maybe it makes the compile/debug error go away, but I cannot really
see how this may work? I think we must find the solution otherwise. If
someone will buy me an Apple Power Book I'll fix it :-) Actually,
maybe monit has become such a good product that we (without shame) can
start asking for hardware contribution on our web-page? (Relax, Rick,
I'm not thinking about you here :) but maybe users from a big Company
will support us)
This can solve many portability issues with each new monit version. I think monit could be interesting for big companies and to provide access to its platform (such as Mac) could be cheap solution for them and good for their platform's users.

Martin