Re: darwin works with small tweak

From: Rick Robino
Subject: Re: darwin works with small tweak
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:24:39 -0700

> On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 11:33:57AM +0200, Martin Pala wrote:
> >     result7: malloc error, slow return

> >is responsible for the 'monit server did not return a...' error.
> >Bogus addresses that aren't really bound to local interfaces
> >apparently cause a resolution attempt once per service and then
> >return without displaying an error.
> >
> Interesting. I found one place where it was possible to free
> uninitialized memory, but it was no related to this problem i think.
>
> It could help if you can do strace by (with last cvs version):
>
> strace -s 1024 -f -o /tmp/monit.strace monit -v status
>
> Please do this for one of cases where malloc failed and for one where
> there was no problem.

Sorry Martin, I hosed up my laptop in a fit of stupidity as I hastily
replaced my vendor-provided kernel with a 3rd party one that supports
'systrace', not 'strace'.  Ahem.  Although I like systrace on openbsd,
which is the bootable partition I'm writing to you from now...

You get the picture.

I'll talk to you guys again when 4.1 rolls around ;-)

--Rick