Release Information

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Release Information
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 02:47:26 +0200

First, unless there are any showstoppers, monit 4.0 will be released
this Monday 22 Sep. 2003.

Important savannah information:
-------------------------------
I have cleaned up the download area at savannah and put previous
releases into the sub-directory, monit.pkg. The reason this
sub-directory is used is because if you click on the _Files_ link at
monit's project page a list of all files in this directory is
displayed. (See http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=monit).

I just found out that it is possible to use sftp to access the
download area. This is good since it is much easier to use sftp than
scp. The command you should use is:

                sftp -1 savannah.gnu.org:/upload/monit

You login the same way you do with cvs; using your ~/.ssh/identity
file.

Uploading packages:
For the upcomming 4.0 release I suggest that those who can create
packages i.e. Christian (Solaris) and Rory or Martin (rpm) simply
upload the packages themself to savannah when you have time. Maybe
Martin (if you can) should take responsibility for the rpm's since it
looks like Rory is quite bussy at work.

I can take responsibility for uploading the monit-4.0.tar.gz package
(it's the only package I know how to create)

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland