[Monotone-devel] Db row size, pushing a new project to the depot, etc.

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Db row size, pushing a new project to the depot, etc.
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:53:10 -0800

Greetings again,

I finally subscribed to the list today, so I can't directly reply to some of the interesting messages that I have seen on the archives. I'm still optimistic that monotone will meet my needs, so I'm here to try to confirm that.

The db row limit was probably triggered by an attempt to check in a 4 megabyte file. It wasn't intentional on my part. When I added my directory, monotone chose to include my project target .so shared library file, instead of ignoring it. Since I was just playing around, I didn't check the list of files that were added.

I hit the same depot problem that Jeremy reported yesterday. I'm glad to hear that you've added the addtree command, and I look forward to trying it. In my case, it wasn't a CVS import that triggered it. I had fetched monotone from your depot, and wanted to start my own branch depot. I assume the addtree command will do the right thing in my case as well.

Has anyone else raised concern about the depot database location? Without thinking it through thoroughly, it seems odd to require write rights in a cgi-bin directory.

I think that's all for now. I'll probably start trying to build monotone on my system so I can play with the new commands before the next release. Wish me luck...

Kevin