Re: [Monotone-devel] Pushing a new project to the depot

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Pushing a new project to the depot
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:20:19 -0800

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 05:23:30PM -0500, graydon hoare wrote:
> Kevin Smith <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Ah. So I can't force it to queue an exact copy of your tree to my
> > depot. I have to make at least one small change, and then it will
> > automatically post the whole tree? It makes sense after hearing it,
> > but it's not what I expected. I wanted to push an exact copy so I
> > could test my depot. No biggie, though.
>
> yeah. I guess we could add another queue sub-command which queues
> just what it sees in your working copy (or one of your heads).. just
> haven't added such a command.

This would be great.  I've several times managed to screw up some
commit hooks, and found myself trying to deal with an unqueued commit.
A way to say "'re-commit' this version, with packets going to that
depot" would be perfect.

(This is, in fact, exactly the issue I was whining about on channel
that caused you to add 'monotone queue' in the first place.)

Damn the Solar System.  Bad light; planets too distant; pestered with
comets; feeble contrivance; could make a better one myself.
  -- Lord Jeffrey