[Monotone-devel] Commit finally worked

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Commit finally worked
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:21:03 -0800

I figured it was time to report some good news! I was able to import my existing, non-CVS project tree.

I did have to figure out the "no default author" thing. Yes, I'm running on Debian. But if I do a "set", I do have environment variables set for USER and HOST.

I ran a little program in Ruby and it found the USER environment variable, but not HOSTNAME. Strange.

In an earlier message, you mentioned adding code to check getpwent. Instead, how about if you just print a friendly error message? I actually didn't want the USER/HOSTNAME from my environment used as the author, so a suggestion (or requirement?) to configure the author in .monotonerc would have been much better for me. I have added this suggestion as a bug.

Cheers,

Kevin