Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone "must have" list

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone "must have" list
Date: 14 Nov 2003 22:21:53 -0700

>> - eclipse plugin (very highly desirable for work)

I've been thinking about this a little -- not about writing it, but
what it might imply for merging.  I suppose merging, in an IDE, would
have to be a completely separate task from ordinary hacking.

graydon> hm. not as high on my list as vc-monotone.el, but if you want
graydon> to I don't stop you :)

I've looked at this a little, but not for quite a while... haven't
been hacking monotone much recently.

Some things that would be useful:

* Having "monotone status file" return information on whether or not
  a file is under monotone control.  This means searching for the MT
  directory, and maybe also printing some more information.

* Also the ability to run "monotone status DIR" and get the state of
  everything in the directory (but not subdirs, maybe a no-recurse
  flag or something).

* A way to commit subsets of the working tree.

* A way to update subsets of the working tree.
  (This seems bogus, and my reading of this part of the vc interface
  is only cursory.)

This isn't an exhaustive list.  I only did some noodling with
vc-monotone.el, by s/svn/monotone/ on vc-svn.el...

Tom