Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone "must have" list

From: graydon hoare
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone "must have" list
Date: 14 Nov 2003 23:16:56 -0500

Kevin Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> - find a non-emacs 3-way merge tool

I like xxdiff, I use it more often than emacs actually, for merging.

> - Cygwin version (native would be even better)
> - native Windows version

yup, that's high on my list. I have a native windows compiler and
windows XP here but not an optimizing compiler. just the "cheapo"
version (I bought it all legit-like). do you have the "serious" one?

> - OS X version

not quite so high since I don't have a mac. it's not practical for me
to do this port atm. if someone wants to, of course, I'll hand-hold as
much as possible.

> - find MT directory from subdirectories (I can code this)

soon. this is part of the "restrictions" feature, one of the next
major "surgery" tasks.

> - simplified tutorial (I'm willing to write this)

*shrug* ok.

done, http://www.venge.net/monotone/docs/Hash-Integrity.html

> - spaces in filenames

not sure if I want to solve this concurrently with UTF-8 or
separately. should happen soon though.

> - eclipse plugin (very highly desirable for work)

hm. not as high on my list as vc-monotone.el, but if you want to I
don't stop you :)

> - ability to set default key in MT/options [1]
> - checkout by tag
> - single file diff workspace against head
> - single file diff revision to revision

all pretty easy, single-sitting fixes

> - simple gui

hm. could be big, could be small. I'd like to look into it some day,
but there's lots to do before then.

> Can I be CVS-free by early next year?

maybe in your own work, if you're being really optimistic :)
but .. y'know, CVS is used a lot of places. don't erase it yet.

> [1] I have already made this change on my system, so as soon as I can
> post to a depot, it will be available to the world.

great!

-graydon