Re: [Monotone-devel] Branch naming

From: graydon hoare
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Branch naming
Date: 14 Nov 2003 23:08:26 -0500

Kevin Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems like somewhere along the line, I should be working in my own
> branch, like com.qualitycode.monotone, or
> net.venge.monotone-kevin. But I can't see any command to change the
> name of the branch I'm working on.

just commit to a new branch:

  monotone --branch=com.qualitycode.monotone commit

et voila. new branch. branches are just names, they have no other
structure.

despite the fact that this isn't *really* necessary with such a small
project so far, I'd actually like to try some multi-branch action,
just to hammer bugs out of it. so please, go right ahead. pick a new
branch name. we'll try some "propagates" and watch it break :)

-graydon