Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone "must have" list

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone "must have" list
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:36:20 -0800

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 07:03:13PM -0800, Kevin Smith wrote:
> - ability to set default key in MT/options [1]

This is subsumed by
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=5682&group_id=4268
, I think.

> - find a non-emacs 3-way merge tool

There are lots.  Choose your toolkit:
  -- TkDiff: http://www.accurev.com/free/tkdiff/
  -- Meld (GTK+): http://meld.sourceforge.net/
  -- xxdiff (Qt): http://xxdiff.sourceforge.net/
Using these should just require a quick tweak to your .monotonerc.

> *** At this point, I can use it for my own projects ***
> - Cygwin version (native would be even better)
> - OS X version

I bet it works on these already.  Native windows is a bit trickier,
but not that much trickier; most of our system-specific stuff is
inside the libraries we use, and the libraries have already been
ported...

> - checkout by tag

This is pretty trivial; just SELECT FROM manifest_certs WHERE name =
'tag' AND value = '<user supplied tag name>';, check the signatures,
and either do a checkout on the unique manifest id found, or else
whine that there aren't exactly 1 such certs.

Not sure what the UI should be; tags could be ambiguous with ids in
general...

> - native Windows version

See above.

> - simple gui

Patches to polytony welcome, it's extremely hackable :-)

Eternity is very long, especially towards the end.
  -- Woody Allen

This email may be read aloud.