Re: [Monotone-devel] Error in function 8 during fetch

From: graydon hoare
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Error in function 8 during fetch
Date: 23 Nov 2003 12:46:00 -0500

Julian Seward <address@hidden> writes:

> I read the recent thread re error in function 9 during post, so I see
> this is basically crappy error reporting from the boost socket library
> (I think 8 is recv).  When I did a 'fetch' monotone hung for a couple
> of minutes, then gave the error.  I guess it just means the connection
> timed out.  Any possibility of a more user-friendly error msg?

yeah, I've just added a new error policy object to the boost socket
template, so it should tell you something slightly nicer now (such as
the name of a function and the type of error). if you can get a fetch
off my depot, you should have that.

probably the timeout you were seeing was the slashdotting the server
received yesterday (not monotone, but a co-hosted site), which is still
kicking our ass slightly. I at least managed to post my changes today.

-graydon