[Monotone-devel] CVS import part VIII

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Subject: [Monotone-devel] CVS import part VIII
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:02:32 -0800

Well, I'm still playing with the cvs_import/queue addtree/post cycle
with the Valgrind CVS tree.

It all seems to be working OK, and the chunked upload to the http server
looks good.

However, post is taking a very long time, and from using --verbose, it
seems that most of the time is going into the "db.execute("DELETE FROM
posting_queue WHERE ...")" operation.  I wonder if the database schema
needs another index for this delete, or is it just a slow operation?
The db.fetch() calls seem to happen instantly, whereas the deletes are
taking about .5 seconds each (and I have about 17000 chunks).  There's
very little network or disk I/O during this.