[Monotone-devel] Re: monotone and http_proxy??

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone and http_proxy??
Date: 24 Nov 2003 11:12:52 -0500

Magnus Therning <address@hidden> writes:

> Well, it doesn't work for me out of the box. I am in the middle of
> trying to debug it. Actually it seems that the get_http_proxy function
> in my ~/.monotonerc isn't called at all (I put an 'io.write("Hello")' in
> it, and I don't see it). Running with --verbose shows that I don't even
> get as far as starting the communication since the 'GET ...' isn't
> written.

of course it doesn't work, because like all features kludged in on a
weekend, I fiddled around with it after doing initial tests, thereby
destroying my sense of it working. bah.

now I've committed and posted a more working-like version, which even
prints some progress messages when it decides to use proxies. also
added tests/t_proxy.at which uses tinyproxy, if you happen to have
that installed.

(btw, try print("hello") if you want to debug the lua hook :)

-graydon