Re: [Monotone-devel] Command for changing passphrase; documentation fixe

From: Matt Johnston
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Command for changing passphrase; documentation fixes; test cases
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 01:17:46 +0800

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 03:27:22PM +0100, Joel Rosdahl wrote:
> Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > [...]
> > Whee:
> >   $ monotone pull joel.rosdahl.net net.venge.monotone
> >   [...]
> >   monotone: fatal: std::logic_error: netsync.cc:565: invariant 'I(j !=
> > attach_map.end())' violated
>
> Yeah, I've been hit by this too. I've filed bug #10981 on Savannah for
> it.

It appears to be caused by the "break;" in netsync.cc:610,
which shortcuts the loop, skipping a call of
analyze_attachment() for some additional parent revisions.

Removing that line fixes the problem, it appears to be there
just for performance reasons (??)

It also seems that a server with 'strange' revisions can hit
the invariant if a client pulls from it - something to watch
out for if you've fixed the problem client-side.

Matt