Re: [Monotone-devel] Status update

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Status update
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 03:45:44 -0800

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 01:14:11AM +0100, Joel Rosdahl wrote:
> An interesting thing that happened when merging was that the automated
> merge of database.cc made a row with a closing function brace
> disappear. I don't know if it's a bug in the merge algorithm or just
> an expected consequence of the inputs, but someone else maybe can
> figure that out.

It appears to be a real bug in the merge algorithm; I've just
committed a test case for it, if anyone wants to look into it more
closely...  (t_merge_1, in the tree at joel.rosdahl.net.  It may be
useful to know that you can run the testsuite with "make testsuite;
./testsuite AUTOTEST_PATH=.", and add "-l" to list tests, and a number
from the list to run just a single test, and the tests leave working
files behind in "testsuite.dir/<number>" for playing with...)

Linguistics is arguably the most hotly contested property in the academic
realm. It is soaked with the blood of poets, theologians, philosophers,
philologists, psychologists, biologists and neurologists, along with
whatever blood can be got out of grammarians. - Russ Rymer